Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Saturday, December 05, 2009

Quisqueya Christmas Bazaar

Today was a pretty uneventful day in Haiti. We sat around and waited for the tram to leave to the Quisqueya Christmas Bazaar. OK there's really no tram, but I think someone good make money off shuttling people like me with no car around.

We mostly just hung out and ate. The ice cream here is weird compared to what I am used to. It was like 2.50 for a cone and apparently there is some different sugar I am not used to so then I spent like 50 cents on a Pepsi which left another bad taste in my mouth so I had to get a 7-up or sprite (because here I guess there isn't a difference when you ask for a sprite you are brought 7-up). Finally after the 7-up I had eliminated the weird taste I paid 2.50 for.

Also, Alicia claims to have purchased all of our Christmas gifts there which I will be very surprised if that is true... We did not win a motorcycle or airline tickets unfortunately.

We are back at the guest house. We celebrated Israel's birthday tonight. I am always very happy to let someone else be in charge of cake. Everyone goes crazy over cake and ice cream. It's always I NEED ANOTHER PIECE OR SCOOP. and then OH SO AND SO DIDNT GET A PIECE OR SCOOP. Well maybe if everyone else hadn't eaten all the original pieces, so and so would have got a piece haha.

No comments: