Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Saturday, December 19, 2009

I saw a guy with a gun at a market today


Sewer
Originally uploaded by LucasTheExperience
I'm actually surprised this is the first time in Haiti I have seen someone walking around with a gun. It really didn't phase me, probably because it wasn't pointed at me. I wonder if you bring a gun to a market, if you get better prices?

Today we practiced for the Christmas program. The first big rehearsal for the Christmas program this Wednesday. I've heard that we are going to have about 400 people there.

Each kid here has a set amount of money to spend on an outfit. We took all the girls to the market today, a market I had not been to. All the merchants quickly found out that Fritz was the man with the money and I think everyone was yelling Fritz! Fritz! the entire time we were there. The merchants found it funny and so did I, but I'm not sure how Fritz felt haha. At about 5 the lights went out which kind of makes it hard to shop so we came home.

I must also say I am surprised that more people do not get run over here. We are in this crowded market and trucks keep driving through. Most of the time driving here is like trying to drive down Main Street at Disneyland on a busy Saturday.

No comments: