Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Thursday, December 17, 2009

Hand Paint: Cite Soleil comes to us


Hand Paint
Originally uploaded by LucasTheExperience

Today was an interesting day... I was doing my normal updating website/calendar thing and decide to venture over to the boys home to see what is going on with Christmas outreach prep and perhaps take some pictures. I hear something going on in the Bins and notice there are a bunch of kids there. Someone tells me they are from Cite Soleil. Someone else tells me many of them have never been outside of Cite Soleil. If you don't know what Cite Soleil is you can google it or I can tell you that it is a pretty crazy and dangerous place that most people didn't go to (although it has improved from ridiculously dangerous I hear)... Susette then grabbed me and asked me to take pictures which (sarcasm) really takes some leg pulling to get me to do. Well pretty much I hung out with these kids all day. Their bright smiles were captivating. Some of us had 5-15 kids hanging on us at once. I didn't really know what to do... My Creole is so limited this is one of the times I really wish I practiced more. I still had a great time laughing and hanging out with these kids and they got to play and sing worship songs and do hand painting. They loved the camera, almost to the point where I would have to take a break from taking pictures to keep from getting mobbed. I really hope to be here if and when this happens again...

Here is some worship the kids were doing today:

No comments: