Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Tuesday, December 22, 2009

My Princess calendars were kept safe by a man with a shotgun


1practice-4506
Originally uploaded by LucasTheExperience

Today we practiced for our big Christmas outreach tomorrow. It's really coming along great. After that we played the waiting game. We waited and waited for the big white truck so we could finish taking the kids to Delmas 2000 and buying for their family. I think we waited for 5 hours. That's just part of life in Haiti, waiting. It was kind of a lazy day and then at 5 the truck returned. We packed 30 kids into the truck and headed out to Delmas 2000. Once again, we were in and out in about an hour or so. Thank you Lord everything went so smoothly. Last year we took smaller groups and could easily spend 3-4 hours with one group. So I guess I am kind of recognizable... The guy who is kind of I guess the manager of the story, I say hi to him. I was pretty sure I had talked to him when we did this last year. So after passing by him a couple of times he calls to me "Sir!" I figure I must have dropped something, but he says "I want to give you some calendars, but put them in your car... don't show anyone" What kind of calendars are these, I think to myself. Anyways he gives me the calendars and I go out the door and realize I have no way of getting in the truck. He is close to the door, so I tell him I don't have the keys to the car, and I put the calendars outside real fast so I can get the keys. He whistles to a guard with a shotgun and instructs him to stand guard in front of my bag of Princess calendars. That has to be one of the most hilarious moments I have had in Haiti. He also gave us more calendars as we left that are shown in this blog.  I look forward to going there again next year!

Tomorrow is our big outreach program, so looking forward to it!

No comments: