Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

Notes from my last Haiti trip in August of 07

Hey all,

Sorry for the late update. I had a fever of 102.2 earlier tonight, so i was
kind of worn out the whole day because I was getting something. Luckily I'm
down to 100, and i took a bunch of medicine. No one else here is sick,
which is good. God willing, I'll be over it tomorrow morning so I can go to
the beach with all the kids.

Last night we all sat out on the porch and watched the lightning storm.
I've never seen anything like that. It's hard to capture in pictures,
though. This morning some of us woke up early and did devotions watching
the sunrise over the mountain which was pretty amazing. Then, we did a
soccer clinic at a nearby church with all the kids. These kids pretty much
ran circles around us. Then, we piled everybody in the big truck and went
up to the baptist mission. The scenery there was absolutely amazing and I
bought a couple of paintings from a street vendor and a Creole Bible. Then,
we all went to the Baptist Mission zoo. Which had under 10 animals. An
alligator, rabbits, snakes and a weird monkey. And some birds.

I'm on a mac and i'm running out of battery so no photos this time.

No comments: