Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Sunday, June 22, 2008

Get your bounce on

That's what John McHoul, the pastor at port-au-prince fellowship told us while worshipping.  If I saw on the street I would probably think he was homeless.  But this church was so spirit filled.  You could feel God's presence there.  We were worshipping and dancing and John told us to "Get our bounce on"  I so wanted to turn on my little camera and grab some video/audio of it.  I doubt I could have captured it for you and I think you need to come here to experience what is going on in Haiti through the ministries down here.  The sermon today was on Matthew 6:19-34 which happens to be my favorite part of the Bible.  A Haitian man sat next to me and as we were reading the verses I felt God telling me to ask him if he had a Bible.  So I said "Eskee ou gayay La Bib?" and he replied no.  How many  Bibles do I have at home?  This guy probably can't afford one Bible.  So I gave it to him and wrote him a little note.  After service, he asked if I would be back next week and I said no I would be going back to California... so he asked for my number and I gave it to him and he gave me his and I told him I would pray for him.  Such a great experience just following what God asks for you, it's so easy to reach out and the whole sermon the guy preaching kept talking about how you need a Bible to be able follow God.  This guy has the opportunity to do that now.  Yay!
 
anyways i can't just sit here and blog all day i need to go be in ayiti

No comments: