Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Sunday, June 22, 2008

fini jou 3

bonjou -
 
please look at our blog as I updated that earlier today go to http://www.haiticampinabox.blogspot.com we went to church this morning so cool!  to preface that, Alicia Kelley Robert and I were talking about following God's will and following with what He prompts to do.  So read that knowing that we talked about not missing opportunities for what God is calling us to do.  
 
Today I was hanging out and talking with the security guard Juancito here again and he wanted me to come and hang out with him up front.  So I think I stood there and talked with him for about 30 minutes in Creole.  I can't even remember what we were talking about, but it was cool just to communicate somewhat.  I still had to pull out my Creole book every once in awhile to understand :)
 
Today some people went downtown to the airport to see if Aaron's guitar ever made it.  It somehow got lost on the way from Florida to Ayiti.  I don't think they had much luck... Others worked on the plumbing and most of us went to the boys to hang out with them.  I got to talk to Israel, one of the older boys just about where I am from and everything.  It's been an incredibly busy day for everyone and camp starts tomorrow.  We are not sure how tomorrow is going to work out... we were planning on taking some stuff to the place we are having the camp, but that did not happen.  After a little while we went (or joined in) on the kids playing soccer and basketball. We also got a good amount of rain just before dark, all the kids were running around enjoying it.  Now we are just trying to get ready for tomorrow...
 
 
lucas

No comments: