Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Saturday, June 14, 2008

FW:

Notes from my last Haiti trip in August of 07

 

A family came to the front gate of the orphanage today.  I'm not sure what happened, but from what I heard she fell off a ladder and was in pain.  We took her to the hospital and originally they said it was dislocated.  Then they said it was dislocated and broken, then they said that she would need an operation and would have to stay overnight.  The original price they gave us was about 500 US dollars.  After that, they told us that if she didn't have the operation her arm would go bad in 5 days and they would have to amputate.  They also told us she would need some metal inserted in her arm, which put us up to $750 US dollars.  Attached is a photo of the Xray (of course I thought to myself before I left, why would I need my good camera? so this is the best I have - it's the full size photo).  If anyone has any doctor friends or friends who have doctor friends and can take a look at the xray and e-mail me back it would be greatly appreciated.  We're leaving tomorrow early in the AM so the sooner the better...
 
Please pray for her.  Sorry I don't know her name, but God does.

No comments: