Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Tuesday, October 17, 2006

ever had a day?


Where it all seems surreal? I think that's the word I'm looking for, I almost can't comprehend words right now. Conversation, work, life, my senses. It all doesn't seem real right now. Memories are forgotten, things that are familiar become new. I get like this sometimes and then I forget about what I'm doing, I forget about me and I just want to go. I really don't know what that means, I'm kind of just letting the words flow right now. My head feels different right now and no I don't do drugs. It's just the way I get when I think about things too much, it's sort of a freeing feeling though. I can't even explain it. But it helps me realize God's great creation. And how I want to do more for Him. How I don't want to fear the world or death. I want to do something crazy for my Creator, but only if it's His will. All these things here. They'll fade. What am I doing?

this one goes to eleven.

Seriously, how did this all happen? How did we get here. Our hearts beating, blood pounding. For a hundred years or less. We go to school, we sit in offices and work way too much, have fun, stress out, pay taxes, travel some, get married, have some kids, get old, retirement. And then it's done. We're forgotten. Because this world isn't about us, what we can attain. Our lives are like video games, we're just trying to get to the next level. Constantly. Eventually, you run out of lives or the game ends. And then what? There's nothing. Except in video games you can start over. We've only got once chance here. To do what? Make money? Live the good life? Somehow I don't feel that's what's right. Deep inside me, something ticks and tells me. Lucas: There's more. There's more than you. I want to ignore it, my flesh does. I want to build something cool, a new website, spend all my money on dumb stuff. But when I do that, the next day I feel empty. Because I won't be fulfilled by things of this world.

my work is pretty much the epitome of what i don't want. not my position so much, I like the work I do and I enjoy the people I work with. i'm not saying I'm going to quit or anything. I'm just saying what we do here is call people who spend way too much money and have a home when they probably can't afford one. They're "living the good life"? Stressing about bills, money. One paycheck away from losing their house, probably. I'll be OK without those things.

i love this feeling. i love to think differently.

lucas

No comments: