Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Saturday, September 30, 2006

Crappy Little Elves



So tonight, it was Friday. I decided to stay at home and clean up. Maybe fix a laptop or two that I've been putting off for far too long. But first, a nap. Oops. I wake up it's 2AM and my phone apparently died during my 7 hour "nap" I'm supposed to go help Alicia move her sister tomorrow, so I missed that call and now I'm so rested that I can finally get some of that cleaning done. So I fix the laptops, and I'm going through this box of Precious Moments figurines that my mom gave to me because she thought they would be worth something. She gave them to me like 4 years ago, I just haven't cared enough to do anything with them. But now, now I'm in my get rid of everything phase. So let's see how much these babies go for on ebay. Well the one above, some ebay store was selling it for over 300 freaking dollars. I saw another listing for like 75, and people were actually willing to pay that much. I'd be happy to get 50, I've got like 5 or 6 more of these figurines but I don't think any of them are worth as much as this one. It's amazing what people will pay when you make less of something and slap "collector's item" on the bottom.

I've been listening to this Dead Milkmen CD I got on Monday called Eat Your Paisley. They have this one song called Air Crash Museum about this guy who is going to feed his cattle and the plane carrying Richie Valens and the Big Bopper and the other people that everyone forgets that were on that plane has crashed on his lawn. So he stuffs the bodies and makes an air crash museum. The song is so wrong on so many levels but I think looking at those Precious Moment figurines made me sort of identify with it. You can find someone to pay for anything.

I'd better go now, I should sleep for a couple more hours at least :)

No comments: