Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Thursday, September 28, 2006

Here am I Lord, send me?


Still another said, "I will follow you, Lord; but first let me go back and say good-by to my family." Jesus replied, "No one who puts his hand to the plow and looks back is fit for service in the kingdom of God." - Luke 9:61-62

Jesus . . . said to him, ’One thing you lack: Go your way, sell whatever you have and give to the poor . . . and come, take up the cross, and follow Me’ - Mark 10:21

I’m still here.

I’m not sure what I’m doing. Somehow I got stuck in this routine. Somehow I’ve amounted a bunch of attachments, or encumbrances, that keeps me from what is next. Not necessarily bad or evil things, but stuff that holds me back. Friends, bills, job: a routine. Oswald Chambers describes the guy in Luke 9 as a man who is fiercely ready to go, but never does. He has to go back to take care of things that aren’t really important before he follows Jesus. That’s what I feel like and it’s frustrating to be here. Or am I going already and just don’t know it? Can waiting be a part of going? Am I willing to give it all up, to give it all away and not look back?

No comments: