Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Friday, December 19, 2008

christmas

We are gearing up for the Christmas outreach tomorrow. Most of the day was spent practicing for it. I went to the airport to get our two lost bags and it amazingly only took me 5 minutes. The people in this country, are so curious to me. I had five guys helping me to get my 2 bags. I guess I should have shook the other ones off or carried the bags myself. When we went to give them a tip... I didn't know what to do and they refused the amount we offered. Weird. I would think that they would rather take something than nothing but all 5 of them agreed not to take what we wanted to give them. Anyways, after a little bit of hassle with the customs guy I got all my bags out of there and EVERYTHING even my two flat panel monitors were in there. Thank you God!

Back at the ranch, Some of us went to the ravine to gather some grass for a skit tomorrow. Then it was back to practicing, which lasted most of the rest of the day and I am pretty excited about how it will all turn out.

There are a lot of other things going on including making costumes for the play, fixing sinks and probably other things I haven't heard about or taken pictures of. I am also working on getting a little computer lab set up now that I have most of the supplies. A Haitian businessman came by to speak to the boys about his business, which sells computers... Unfortunately I was not there because I had to go retrieve my bags but Alicia told me all about it and I hope to stop by his shop sometime this week.

It has been a great time so far this past 24 hours. I love the peace God gives me here in the midst of everything that is going on. I am laughing at how stressed I was before I came here with work and packing and just going to Haiti. I always imagine it a lot worse than it actually is and I am really having a great time hanging out with the kids and all the people here. I love going out of the orphanage and seeing Haiti too, which I got to do a little of today when going to the airport.

I have so much more to say probably but I am going to sign off to work on other computer stuff now. Thank you for your prayers and pray for the outreach tomorrow...

New pics are up at http://www.flickr.com/photos/lucastheexperience

No comments: