Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Friday, March 26, 2010

Haiti

warning.  this blog is not that exciting.

In just maybe 12 hours or so we will be in Haiti.  I don't know if my mind is fully prepared for what I'm going to see.  We've been so busy lately I feel unprepared for this trip in many ways.  I know it's going to be amazing and we will have a greater understanding of what is going on via Child Hope when going.  I just think how bad things were before this and I've seen all the pics of the devastation but I imagine witnessing it first hand is something different.  Our flight to Miami was somewhat uneventful.  Alicia and I pretty much stayed up all night last night doing stuff to get ready.  At 7:30 in the morning we had no clue if our bags were overweight - no reliable scale... so we did the whole weigh alicia, have her pick up a bag and subtract bag weight from Alicia's.  Not a reliable system... we very much guessed and took some stuff out... When we went to the airport they were all under 50 pounds, thank God!  I really am not a fan of the LA - to Miami flight but on this flight we LUCKED out and got the only row I think in the whole plane (in non-business class) with like twice the legroom.  Every other row had the normal video screen on the back of their chairs.  I was bummed to see ours didn't have that... but then I realized the video thing was in the armrest haha.  I fell asleep watching Planet 51 and then watched some documentary on people who were like real Indian Jones.  Otto Rahn searched for the holy grail for a long time and there was some other guy.  Anyways... American Airlines lost one of our bags because we had some construction stuff in there and it had to get some extra screening.  Now we are spending the night at Miami International until our plane leaves tomorrow morning at like 9 or 10ish.  Please keep us in ur prayers!

No comments: