Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Thursday, May 07, 2009

God's timing is perfect

On Tuesday we went to Double Harvest which does a lot of planting in Haiti and also sells plants.  It was a bit of a drive, but it was cool to see some more of Haiti.  The weird thing was they didn't have soil, which I said already.  On our way back Susette took a wrong turn and we turned around to go the right way.  On one road I hear someone in the truck with us go "uh oh" and I see a tap tap on its side sliding toward us.  Luckily for us the tap tap stopped about 10-15 feet before us.  A crowd of Haitian people soon gathered around to help people out of the truck, and we were on our way (none of us were hurt).  Please be praying for the people that were hurt and just shaken up by this accident.  Not one of us was hurt, thank God.

haitiaccident by you.
13Now listen, you who say, "Today or tomorrow we will go to this or that city, spend a year there, carry on business and make money." 14Why, you do not even know what will happen tomorrow. What is your life? You are a mist that appears for a little while and then vanishes. 15Instead, you ought to say, "If it is the Lord's will, we will live and do this or that." - James 4:13-17
 
We had a nursing clinic yesterday too, I couldn't really tell you how many people were there but it seemed like a lot.  It was great to have the nurses all working together and have Brooke here who was able to stay a little bit longer than she planned.  It was also good timing because around 5:30 or so my heart started beating really fast and it was weird because I wasn't doing anything super physical, felt pretty calm and I had been drinking plenty of water.  It stopped after awhile, and the nurses gave me some pills and I slept from like 6:30pm until 7 this morning and feel much better.  We have been able to spend some quality time with the kids, teaching Bible stories and playing with them.  I am pretty sure everyone has either fallen in love with Haiti or fallen in love all over again.
 
Alicia and I taught some of the older kids the do not worry part of Luke 12 yesterday.  I really didn't know what I was going to say, but God totally used the near car accident and that verse from James 4 to give me words to speak.  We asked them if they had questions and it was really cute because like 2 of the questions were when we were coming back so we showed them james 4.  No pictures today because I am at the boys house using the internet since ours is not working.  Please be praying for our final days in Haiti.  Tomorrow we are going to the Baptist mission here and going to see the property the Manasseros are praying about.  Then I think we are all getting together at night.  I can't believe this week is almost over.

--
Lucas Simmons

No comments: