Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Friday, May 08, 2009

bon fet!

yesterday was alicia's birthday (and also little clifford's) and so on wednesday I told alicia I was going out to help Bill with some stuff and went to epidor (which is kind of like haitian mcdonalds) and bought a BUNCH of food to feed all the kids and we threw a big surprise party for alicia.  boy was she surprised haha.  One person on the team described it as the craziest and funnest birthday party they had ever been to.  It was pretty loud.
 
bon fet! by you.
 
today we are going to the Baptist mission and then going to see the property the Manasseros have been praying about.  it's really exciting to be able to see the next part of the vision for this ministry. 
 
God is amazing.  We brought in our suitcases a bunch of the Manasseros old pictures.  In there was a photo of me from 12 years ago before I was saved.  I used to go to their church from time to time.  I think of knowing Jesus, saying I would never move back to the South Bay from San Diego.  Then moving back, reconnecting with them, thinking they were crazy for moving to Haiti.  Meeting my wife.  Going to Mexico a lot.  Getting laid off from my job and being super excited about missions.  Being invited on a team to go to Haiti.  Falling in love with it.  Talking about it everyday to Alicia and to other people.  Bringing people here to see what God is doing in Haiti.  Wanting to move here.  Having people think I am crazy haha. 
 
New pictures at
 
I have over 2000 photos, I will have more to put up when I get home.
 
Quotes taken out of context:
You should never tell a girl she looks funny, sideways - Amy
He is a beautiful man - Dave Beck
I don't feel bad - Kim

--
Lucas Simmons

No comments: