Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Friday, December 29, 2006

I got laid off

I really didn't see it coming. Yeah the company wasn't doing the greatest but it had been like that for awhile. I had just finished a big project and am getting ready to release it. So my boss calls me into his office. Normally these meetings are always good. My boss said I exceeded expectations and that I have great programming skills. But, basically the company's outlook was grim. The sales floor is practically empty. So I have two weeks left. So I need a job and if you know of anyone who is hiring let me know. I enjoy doing web development and photography, but am not limited to that. Here is my resume. I am skilled in:

Visual Basic.Net
Javascript
HTML
AJAX
VBScript
SQL

Here is a more detailed list:
Programming Languages: Proficient in HTML, VBScript, Visual Basic.Net, AJAX, Javascript and SQL.
Have some knowledge of the C++, C#, Java programming languages
Software: Visual Studio.Net, VNC, PCAnywhere, Veritas Backup, Macromedia Dreamweaver/Fireworks, Adobe Photoshop/Pagemaker, SQL Server, mySQL, Macromedia Director, SalesLogix, Microsoft Exchange and all Microsoft Office programs
Operating System technologies: Windows Server/Desktop Systems, Active Directory, RAID, ASP.Net, IIS, Access Control Lists, Software Update Services, Remote Installation Services, Windows Backup, WMIC
Networking technologies: Routers, firewalls, switches, TCP/IP, DNS, DHCP, VPNs

1 comment:

B said...

Sorry to hear about your job. Maybe now you can focus on your music. Even get the band back together. Anyway, I saw your resume and with all your experience and skills you should have no problem finding a job.