Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Tuesday, April 21, 2009

things are pretty nuts

i really shouldn't be up blogging at 1 in the morning, but here I am.

I am pretty much done with my current job, I guess I can just come out and say that. I don't really know what is going on fully nor do I care to elaborate more other than to say things aren't working out for me on a full-time basis anymore. I still care deeply for all the people there, but things have got to the point where it is beyond acceptable for me.

So now I am working 10 hours a week, on a website called edivvy.com. It's a group gifting site and I am pretty excited about working on it and the people seem really cool.

I also have 4 or 5 other possibilites that could turn into something I do full time.

When I got laid off in 2006 I remember being so scared about how I was going to make money and live. God provided. You can read my blog from when I got laid off if you want: http://lucastheexperience.blogspot.com/2006/12/i-got-laid-off.html Looking back I am glad I got laid off. I ended up going to Mexico, Mississippi and then Haiti. It was definitely a time where God worked in my life and He definitely has in the past year and a half in this job. I'm not really sure what I am looking for, but I am sure God will let me know when I find it. I am just excited to see what He has in store, looking at what happened the last time. I went to Haiti for 4 days and have not been the same since. My whole world was turned upside down. Now Alicia and I lead teams there, in fact we are leading a team shortly. Who knows what is next? Only God does.

I think this is an exciting time and am doing my best not to worry about how things are going to work out.

No comments: