Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Friday, November 10, 2006

bleeding ears


ok not really. Seriously who had the idea for a guitar. Ok I looked it up. The guitar derives from something called the cithara in ancient central asia. Who the heck decides to wrap some strings around something strum it, and decides that it sounds good or not. How do we evaluate what music sounds good? Sometimes I can't even tell you if or a band is good or not, because I don't know how I judge that. When people ask me what kind of music a band is, I don't know unless I look at their myspace. I try and describe the sound, but I usually just end up saying oh they're really good you should listen to them. How do I know what's good? Weird. I thought I had more to say, but I don't.

No comments: