Our new blog is at http://www.experiencesinhaiti.com/blog

Saturday, January 24, 2009

npr

i was listening to npr the other day and whoever was on was taking calls on whether or not we should legalization prostitution or marijuana in order to clear up the budget deficit by taxing these "industries". I thought it was interesting that he grouped the two into the same category, though I don't like either I would definitely say that prositution is the one I would want legalized the least. I think one smart idea would probably be to not spend so much, but apparently that is not an option.

His other arguments were:

1. Do you see these two things go away anytime soon?
2. He compared it to prohibition and said that during prohibition the government was "making criminals" out of ordinary citizens, and was comparing it to what the government is doing now with laws against prostitution/marijuana.

So I don't see murder going away anytime soon, maybe we should tax that because it's not going away and the government is just making criminals out of people by making laws against murder. haha.

ok. i just had to rant somewhere.

No comments: